Monday, October 3, 2011

Happiness

It's been 6 months since I left my job.

My minimum wage, 3 years and 3 promotions later, job.
My 'this soup is cold and it's all your fault,' tip skipping, holiday working, finger burning job.

Leaving that job was one of the scariest things I've done. Because it was a steady paycheck. It was the home of my second family. It was such a huge part of my life for years until one day I decided that my happiness and my dreams were more important to me than comfort and stability.

So I quit.

And 6 months later I can very confidently say that I made the right choice.

Because now, I'm getting paid to do what I love.
I'm doing something that I actually care about. Something that makes me so incredibly happy.

And sometimes I just sit back and think about it - like I was doing tonight. And I'm so thankful for all of the opportunities that lead me to where I am now. And I'm proud of myself for pushing past my insecurities and my fears and my doubts and taking those opportunities for all that they were worth. And I'm honored to have met and earned the trust of such amazing people who have allowed me to photograph such monumental moments in their lives. I'm grateful for all that I've learned, excited for all that I've yet to learn and I am just so truly happy.


I think I might be falling in love with my own life.
What an amazing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment