Friday, September 9, 2011

Cults @ LA Fashion's Night Out

Last night, I was invited to go with my friends to a 'free Cults show at their uncle's store.' Of course I said yes and I asked my friend Michael to come along too, since he and I have been wanting to see Cults for a while. And we were excited. So were Aaron, Mark and Steven.

Well as it turns out, their uncle's store? Is 3.1 Phillip Lim. And last night? Was LA Fashion's Night Out. Which lead to the most intense fashion crisis of my entire life, considering I am NOT a fashionable person by any sense of the word. But I made it through and even had time to put on some red lipstick before we left for the party.

I will try to sum up the first hour of the night with a few quick notes: drinks, fashion, and people who air kiss both cheeks.

Now to sum up the second part of the night will require a few more words. I will just say this. Thanks to Aaron, Mark, and Steven's uncle, we were able to spend the majority of our time in the VIP area. Where Cults was hanging out. And I finally worked up the courage to meet and ask for a picture with Madeline Follin (which is not included due to how many pictures this post already has, plus the fact that I look like a total goober. Naturally.) 

I also may or may not have noticed a ladder leading up to the roof of 3.1 Phillip Lim, which Michael, Mark, and I may or may not have climbed up during the second half of Cults set, which may or may not have been permitted only after Michael informed a PR girl that was telling us we couldn't go up there that I may be a photographer for a fashion blog, at which point this girl may or may not have said "Okay go up, but I didn't see you and you never saw me." These pictures may or may not be proof of the most rebellious thing I've ever done. (Yes, this is the most rebellious thing I've ever done. I'm not a cool kid.)

About an hour after Cults finished playing, the fire marshall shut down the party. 

The whole night, I had to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw to mingle with these people who were wearing $1500 shirts and Jimmy Choo shoes, who air kiss and call each other 'darling.' But I really loved every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment