Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Snapshots.

Sometimes I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be so fun to be a professional blogger?"
Then I remember how rarely I make appearances here and quickly decide to stick to my day job. ;)

Here are a few iPhone pictures from lately and a bit about what I've been up to these past few months.


Back in February, for a belated Valentine's date, Weston and I went to lunch at Daily Dose, which I had been wanting to try for quite a while, then got to satisfy my two-year-donut-craving at Fonuts! They had so many awesome vegan and gluten free flavors. My favorite was a vanilla donut with raspberry frosting. Mmmm! Makes me want to drive back out there right now just thinking about it.

I also got to visit the Rifle Paper Co & Paper Crown Pop-Up-Shop at The Grove during Valentine's weekend! I had been so excited because I adore Anna Bond's artwork and it was so fun getting to see her pretty designs become fabric for gorgeous dresses and tops.

For Christmas this year, I was gifted a subscription to Petit Vour - a box full of beauty products that are cruelty free and mostly chemical free too! Through their boxes, I added several new permanent products to my growing collection. If you're interested in 'cleaning' up your beauty routine, this is a great way to start! I think I will be sharing a few of my new favorite products here soon since this post from last year could use a bit of updating!

At the beginning of spring, I decided to minimize my closet. If you aren't familiar with the concept of "capsule wardrobes", I encourage you to check out the blog Un-Fancy! The idea is to narrow down your clothing collection to versatile pieces that you feel great in! Not to mention, eliminating impulse purchases by not shopping for a few months at a time. At the start of the season, I cut down my closet from over 100 items to 40! Lots of things got donated, some things got put into storage until their appropriate seasons, and the 40 things that were left in my closet are the pieces I felt would be best to wear this spring. It's been a really fun challenge and a surprisingly simple transition! Getting dressed in the mornings is a lot easier since I'm not overwhelmed by countless things to wear and I'm saving money by using what I have and not buying anything new - with the exception of special occasions, like a dress for an upcoming wedding. The things that are hanging in my closet are things I love, appropriate for the season, and easy to mix and match. Fun little experiment! Let me know if you give it a try!

While in the spring cleaning, minimalistic mood, I also chopped a few inches off my hair for good measure.
Feeling fresh around here!

2 comments:

  1. i have the same thought all the time. haha but i am way to random with my blogging! glad to know i am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the minimization idea! it's nice to get rid of things unneeded!
    happy week :)

    ReplyDelete