Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello, October!

October is my favorite month. I like pumpkin-flavored things, brisk mornings, scarves and cardigans... Plus, it's concert season and I celebrate my birthday this month! What's not to love?

It's been a few weeks since I've written anything here and I wish I had more exciting things to share, but all I've got today are some pictures from a walk and a few updates about what I've been up to lately.


The first month of the school year has really flown by. It's been so fun getting to know the new kids and learning their personalities and quirks. Can't wait to share some of their funny quotes with you soon! 

My dad's band has played on several Saturday nights lately and it's been so fun getting to go out and dance to the sweet, soul, music with my cousins. Here's a little clip of my pop rockin' out if you want to see.

A few weeks ago, Weston and I watched The Wizard of Oz with the Pink Floyd album, Dark Side of the Moon, playing, because there's all that talk about how the two sync up. It was pretty cool! I know Pink Floyd claims it's all an accident discovered by someone with too much time on their hands, but parts of it are just way too coincidental for me to believe that it wasn't intentional haha. I call conspiracy! See for yourself here.

I haven't really been feeling my best lately. I had a few pretty rough days last week and it worried me a bit because the last few months had spoiled me and kind of made me feel like I was on the ups for good. Almost invincible. But now I have pain, my naturopathic doctor has been questioning my current hormone treatments and expressing some concerns about them long term, and my body is just generally just reminding me that I haven't been cured. This is a lifelong battle and I just have to take the good with the bad and stay positive!

I finished all the classes that I need in order to be a lead Pre-K teacher, which is very exciting. Now I just wait for a position to open up so that I can apply! I've been getting more opportunities to lead in the classrooms recently and I have noticed a lot of progress in myself over the course of a year in the way I handle situations and the way I teach. Seeing progress in oneself is not the easiest thing, I think, so it's exciting to feel that way and it makes me proud to do what I do.

Except this morning, I got to school and was there for like 20 minutes before I realized I had only cuffed one of my pant legs and the other one was down all the way. Hahaha oopsies! Not my proudest moment.

For everything else I've been up to, you can catch up on Instagram. @kelleoh.

I hope you're well!

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you! I'm sorry you're starting to feel sick again, but it's exciting that you get to teach your own classes! When will you be able to teach an elementary school class? (That's what you wanna do, right? Or was it special ed?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures so lovely, as usual. I admire your ability to have the kind of perspective you do in your health battle. It has been such a fight for me lately – I can fall into the trap of self pity so easily. Especially on days like today, when I look alright on the outside but in pain everywhere else. You are a remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous selection of photos! So sorry you were feeling a little rough, hope you're better now. Otherwise what you get up to sounds so lovely and gentle!! Thanks for letting us have a little peek into your life.

    Lucy xo | We Resolve Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling your best. But the pictures are beautiful, and fall (or, our california version of fall) is here! sending you good vibes xx

    ReplyDelete