Monday, July 1, 2013

Hike to Bear Flats.

Last week, before the sun decided to smolder all of Southern California (103 degrees yesterday!)
Weston, Nolan, and I went on a beautiful hike. 

I've been blessed with so many feeling-well days so far this summer. The last couple days have been a little more challenging, but I think it makes me appreciate the good days so much more when I know that they aren't always available to me. A good day should always a special occasion and it's easy to take them for granted if they happen every day. At that point, they aren't "good" days anymore, they just become "normal" days. And often, we don't really notice the beauty in normal days. What a shame!

So to celebrate feeling well, on Tuesday morning, Weston, Nolan, and I hiked up a bit of Mt. Baldy to Bear Flats.


The following day, the boys went back and hiked to the top of the mountain. I, on the other hand, decided to sit that one out haha, but they did it! Intense heat and all. So impressive!

This week, let's try to find an appreciation in the "normal" days! Whatever our version of "normal" is...
To value what we have and remember that normal can be a blessing. :)

Happy, happy, Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I lived near mountains. Or hills, even. Illinois is just flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there must be lots of good things about living somewhere flat, but I do love being near the mountains here! I never really took advantage of them much before, but Weston lives right at the foot of them, so it's kind of hard to take them for granted anymore!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the new blog look! and beautiful photographs, looks like a special adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the blue sky. and i love that i've been seeing more of that here too (well except for the a few rainy days that bring in the grey clouds)

    ReplyDelete