as luck would have it, i woke up on christmas eve not feeling so well.
so my holiday was spent in a bit of a fog and i was disappointed to miss out on a few of my favorite traditions.
where there are valleys, though.. there are peaks.
and although i didn't take many pictures, here are a few things i will always remember about this christmas:
- mom's coffee cake & breakfast casserole on christmas morning. delicious as usual.
- toby getting his head stuck in almost every bag we opened.
- spending a few hours on christmas eve with weston's family. it was the first time i've ever spent that evening anywhere other than my grandpa's house and i couldn't have possibly picked a better group of people to break tradition for.
- my dad, gifting me a handmade, wooden recipe box that smells like pine wood and primer. just like he does!
- my aunt handing out tons of hostess (!!!) goodies to everyone "from santa clause." complete christmas magic.
- playing christmas trivia with my aunts and uncles and 'spoons' with my cousins.
- the 'opening ceremonies' to the amaro clue hunt.
- - - -
i also gave weston's parents a gift i was pretty proud of.
for weeks, weston and i had been sneaking old home movies from their house so that i could secretly convert them all to dvd, label them, and put them in chronological order.
on christmas eve, i gave them the gift. and we sat on the couch and watched a christmas video from 1994. and they were laughing so hard and enjoying it so much. and i felt so glad to have spent the time doing it. :)
we've still got one last 'christmas' to celebrate with my dad's family on saturday, so i'm going to go ahead and extend my holiday movie/music enjoyment to this weekend.
what were the peaks of your christmas?
hope your holiday was lovely.