Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Darling, Remington

I fell in love today. At the Flea Market, no less.

Let me preface this by saying, the Rose Bowl Flea Market's male demographic is about 50% genuine Mexican men, and 50% hipster guys. 

And these happen to be two of my favorite things.
So you would think that I fell in love with one of them.

But nope.

Instead, I fell in love with an amazing, robins egg blue, vintage typewriter named Remington. 

And although my birthday isn't for two weeks, Weston caught me longingly staring at (and swooning over) it and bought it for me as an early gift! Which not only makes me feel incredibly lucky to have him as a friend (thankyouthankyouthankyou!) but also leads me to form the possibly premature belief that my twenty-first birthday may just be the best one I've ever had.

While I was testing it out at the market, some hipster guy told me that he had the same kind of typewriter and that it's really good. And that he had it way before it was cool. Okay, that second part isn't true, but I'm going to imagine that's what he meant because it makes me laugh.

Oh, Remington - you're even hipster approved! There's just so much to love about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment