Monday, June 8, 2015

Engagement Fiesta.

When I was little, I very much wanted to be Mexican. I used to beg my parents to call me "mija" and I'd plead with God to turn my eyes brown while I was sleeping and while he was at it, he might as well tan my skin a little bit too, pretty please?

Now that I'm marrying Weston, his family has informed me that my dreams are coming true and I am finally going to be an (honorary) Mexican. Yay! So to celebrate our engagement, our parents threw us an adorable fiesta in the Amaro's backyard. Our extended families got to meet each other and spend the afternoon enjoying delicious food made by The Taco Man and Weston's Abuela brought the most delicious rice and beans! It was so special to have our loved ones all in the same place. Probably one of my favorite days ever!

Before the party, I made myself a fresh flower crown. Since I'm probably never going to go to Coachella, I figured this was my only chance to wear one and I wasn't going to let it pass me by. ;)


I am loving every second of life these days. 

Even my endo days have so much happiness baked into them now! Last week I missed several days of work but I was able to stay wonderfully busy from my bed working on different odds and ends and Pinterest-ing, of course. :) After he proposed, Weston insisted that we've waited long enough to make this official and we shouldn't take our time with a long engagement, so if you can believe it, we are going to be married this fall!

Yep. We're tackling out-of-state surgery, house hunting, and marriage all in the next 6 months.
Are we a little crazy? Absolutely. But am I having the time of my life? You betcha. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great party!

    Also, last year Vince and I got engaged in May, bought a house in July, and got married in November. It makes for a very exciting year! Enjoy it! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so it IS possible! Glad to hear it! :) I will have to keep you in mind when I start going through my first panic attack one of these days… hahaha

      Delete
  2. You are the first person I read that wanted to be Mexican, so girl I'm so happy for you becoming an honorary mexican, congratulations for your engagement party and this new chapter in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Or should I say, gracias! ;) I really appreciate your kindness and well wishes, my dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful celebration! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our mothers did an amazing job!

      Delete