Tuesday, June 17, 2014

One Week Off.

Last Friday, the Pre-K littles graduated which is always the most bittersweet part of the year.
The only bitter part being that I will really miss them. The sweet being everything else.

Although I'll be working through most of the summer, I took this week off. And I am turning it into a mini summer break, with several adventures condensed into the next few days. Yesterday, the kick-off took place in Laguna Beach. Jessica and I relaxed on the sand, explored the tide pools, befriended some little crabs, wandered through rock tunnels and ended our day at The Rooftop Lounge for happy hour.



I brought along my 50mm lens for our day since it's the smallest and most convenient thing to carry…
But in return, you get our giant faces haha. Yikes.

Laguna is just the most beautiful beach. The bluest water and the softest sand.
Thanks for sharing a fabulous day with me, Jess!


PS. Lately, I've been getting the "how are you feeling?" question a lot, so I thought I would answer that here, too. 
These days, my endo pain is less severe, but more constant than it has been in the past. It's inevitable that several times a day, these sharp spasms occur, lasting anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours. They happen so quickly, come out of nowhere, and after they pass, my body often feels like it got run over. I don't know if it's from my muscles tensing up during the pain or what, but it wipes me out! In comparison to bi-monthly hospitalizations and constant pain meds, these weird, daily flare ups are definitely the lesser of two evils. They're much easier to cope with and they hinder my life much less than the flare ups that used to happen every few weeks, confining me to bed for days at a time. In other words, Endo is still throwing punches, but lately, I've been coming out of most rounds on top. ;)
Thank you to everyone who continues to check in and send words of encouragement and prayers! Means the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I need to make my way down to Laguna Beach someday… I don't think I've ever seen the California waters so blue!
    Still continuing to send my thoughts and prayers to you ♥

    ReplyDelete