Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Am Thankful For Cold Weather.

Today, Weston asked me why I don't post here very often anymore. I told him it's because I don't really do that many interesting things these days : work, doctors appointments, riding my bike, there's an occasional girls night spent in somebody's tiny bedroom, sometimes I stay up past 10 and watch movies if I'm feeling particularly wild... So, I'm busy, but nothing I'm doing lends itself much to being photographed or talked about. And I like to pretend we've got quality standards here at Yellow Paper Dress, so I just haven't been posting as much.

Weston then, basically told me that I am making excuses and that I need to get my tush over here more often to say hi. So.. hi! :)

How is your November going? Up until this week, things have seriously been wayyyy too warm here, but yesterday things cooled down majorly and I've been breaking my family's strict  (not kidding - this is actually a really sensitive subject)  rule about ABSOLUTELY-NO-CHRISTMAS-MUSIC-BEFORE-THANKSGIVING. Yep. I've totally been blasting those jamz in my car for the last couple days haha. Sorry, mom! I'm just too excited to wait this year!

We hiked today and it was cold and gloomy, which made it nice and cozy when we got home afterwards and cuddled up to watch The Office.


I think I mentioned here before that my doctor has me exercising my buns off. And to be honest, I'm actually not really minding it, despite my previous, lifelong hatred of physical activity. There were so many months over the last couple years that I was stuck at home, unable to stretch my body out or stand on my own. Now I can bend and bike and run (or jog.. okay, walk.) and do all these things that are ordinary, but that feel really liberating. Even if only for a few weeks at a time. 

I'm on top of the worldddd! ;)

What have you been up to lately? Any fun plans for Thanksgiving coming up?
How are you endo-girls feeling these days?

Hope you're all well!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back on here! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I've been holed up studying the whole month, but I did get to spend a week back home in Canada visiting the family. So fantastic.

    Maybe you can do a post on your favorite fall essentials/fall activities? Or a Christmas wishlist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you! The weather was crazy here yesterday. Severe thunderstorms, tornadoes. I was at work, and the power went out twice! I, of course, was very concerned on how Chase was doing at home by himself. (He hates thunderstorms!) And today, it's still very windy, but not rainy. And lucky me, I get to drive an hour into the city for a doctor's appointment! The things we do to stay in good health. xD

    I'm glad that you're staying active; hopefully the good days are far outnumbering the bad! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we also have a no christmas anything until after thanksgiving. i always kinda go bonkers that friday after. we get our tree, i put christmas music on - oh it's so fun. we're having a friend joining us on thanksgiving so we're super looking forward to that. food and board games. should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so guilty of celebrating xmas early this year! I just can't wait. and go on with your bad self with those yoga moves - so jealous! xx N

    ReplyDelete