Friday, June 21, 2013

Peach, Apple, Blueberry Cobbler : Gluten Free, Dairy Free.

I don't think I've ever bought a box of peaches without eventually wanting them turned into a peach cobbler.

Don't get me wrong, I love peaches on their own, but during the summertime, I crave peach cobbler like it's nobody's business. Since I eat gluten-free and I'm trying the whole dairy-free thing for a while, I decided to try to get creative and make a 'healthy' peach cobbler. I read a few recipes before starting, to get an idea of what people usually use, and tried to think of good, healthy alternatives for things like butter, flour, and sugar before concocting my own little dish.

And maybe it's because I haven't had a 'real' dessert in a while, or maybe it's because of how desperately I wanted a peach cobbler, but I thought it was pretty good! 

I wrote down the ingredients and measurements as I went, in case I wanted to make it again and I'm certain that I will. :) We all know that I'm not a chef by any sense of the word, so this is clearly a simple creation, but in case you feel inclined to try it, here it is!
Ingredients:
for the filling:                                                                                     for the topping:
- 6 peaches, sliced                                                      - 1 cup oats
- 1 apple                                                                   - 1/3 cup granola
- 1 cup blueberries                                                     - 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon                                                        - 1 tsp agave
- 1.5 tbsp honey                                                         - a dash of cinnamon
- tsp vanilla
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce

1) Combine the peeled, diced fruit in a bowl with the cinnamon, honey, vanilla, nutmeg, and applesauce. Pour the fruit mixture into an 8x11 pan.
2) Combine the oats, granola, salt, and agave in a small bowl, then spread on top of the fruit mixture.
3) Drizzle agave and/or add cinnamon to the topping.
4) Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

Only thing I might tweak next time is adding a little bit of applesauce to the topping too.

Enjoy! Even for breakfast, if you'd like.. It's practically just oatmeal and fruit. 
I mean... doesn't get much more guilt free than that, right? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Ohh this looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try making this. Looks easy enough! :) And it seems like a healthier dessert to have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kello, have you heard of FullyRawKristina? It's a Youtube channel full of raw vegan recipes! The host/chef, Kristina, has been a fully raw vegan for seven or eight years, and it clearly shows! I myself am a pollo-pescetarian, but everytime I watch a video of hers, I immediately want to try the recipe myself! I think her channel would be excellent for you, since everything she makes consists only of raw fruits, vegetable, and nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! That is so helpful, thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing! Going to make it tonight.

    ReplyDelete